Seite 162 von 185 ErsteErste ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LetzteLetzte
Ergebnis 1.611 bis 1.620 von 1843
    Testspieler

Standard

wir hatten ne Spiel AG an der Schule, mit Wargaming Sektion.
    Da ich mit 15 aber noch kein WH gespielt habe sonder nur FantasyWarrior und das dort GW-Jünger waren (nur mit GW Minis spielen und so) war ich genau fünf Minuten dabei....

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

I don't know why we are suddenly talking about how well AoS sells but if you do care to know, GW expected AoS to be in soft loss at least till december 2020, while it's doing fairly good since march 2018, raking the 27% of incomes from sculptures sales.
    So it's doing pretty fucking good.

>sorce: my ass, you will just have to belive me, I do know the numbers.
    >at least till december 2020
    are GW such elf fanboys they unironically thought the game couldn't breath and live without an update of high and dark elves?
    It's basically a new IP, any investement so bigs needs a lot of time to start growing interests and GW knew very well how hard would the backlash be on killing fantasy, making the first years of AoS even more dreadfull.
    In addition, AoS costs a fuckton more than 40k. You can like the results or not, but there are a lot more people working on balancing, testing and shaping the game since it has to stand on it's own merit while 40k just works thanks to the massive customer base it has.
    What is popular in AoS?
    Is the rest of the figure sales 40k or does it include lotr and FW?
    It includes 40, lotr, scenery and necromunda, it doesn't include FW of any kind.

I don't know what is popular in AoS since all I analize are the income numbers and that is not a good indicator of popularity.
    To make it more clear, some armies cost a lot more than others so 10 players collecting them gives way more money than 20 players collecting a cheaper army.
    The best I can tell you is what armies are selling more than GW expected or exceptionally good in general, those armies are:
    >Selling more that they should: Ironjaws, Seraphon, Beastclawriders, KO
    >Selling a great lot: Tzeench/Nurgle/Khorne, LoN

I can give you a couple weird fact thou: Dispossessed and Devoted of Sigmar where supposed to be cut from the store long time ago (no squatting, just not bothering to make more of them untill a repack/redesign) but GW simply can't do that since they keep selling pretty well and so there is no reason to spend more money into upgrading the box for now.

My team is responsable for the new thing of making faction specific scenery. We noticed how making new scenery was very hard since it takes a lot of time for them to start making money since painters bought them but players did not, the only expection has been the Feculent Nurgle three, so we experimented with that idea and now they sell like hot cakes both to players and painters.
    >Don't sell enough, kill your game
    >You support your faction? No reason to make it any better then I suppose.

Dispossessed really can't win
    Do not get me wrong, I do know that they are working on them, and I do know it's the same team behind the recent Battletome. It's just that, from a financial point of view there way less incentive to pour money on somethings that doesn't need it that mutch.
    I'm curious did the Eldar wraithgate sell well? And do you see the sales figures of forgeworld or just GW?
    It did not, but they are still trying to put it in 40k too. I think the problem is that in Aos they had developed the whole game around this idea, while in 40k they are just trying to plug in the terrains. As I had sad, they don't spend mutch in development for 40k outside of models (and not that mutch in models either).

I don't see FW figures.
    Do you know faction sales figures at all? Do space marines still sell as well as they did in 2010?
    I do, that's most of my job, working on category sales. They do sell even better than they used to sell from 2014 to 2017.
    Since I know you want to know this, Characters are the most selling category of marines and Space Wolfs are the most selling marine faction, followed by Custodes but it's not even close.
    I can see why the SW would be the best selling marine faction, they have the most unique well executed kits. Can't say I expected to hear Custodes selling well at all, given they have so few kits and are a low model count force.
    As an aside, you wouldn't happen to know how Sisters of Silence are faring, would you?
    I do and they sold pretty well, meaning that they exceded by a fare margin the expected figures, but those figures where very low since it wasn't a real army. They where supposed to be a bit of an experiment both for testing the terrain for unique models that aren't really that playable as a faction and for having some idea of how real the desire for sister was and not just a meme.
    What I can tell you on SoS is that their little success is what made us tell GW that things like Blackstone and Rouge Traders where a good idea.
    Geändert von lastlostboy (16. January 2019 um 11:27 Uhr)
    "Sigmar, my liege, you can't solve all of your problems by opening new chambers..."
    "THE HELL I CAN'T?!"

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Ist ein wenig schwer zu lesen da ich nicht weiss was jetzt ein Fragesteller gepostet hat und was der Antwortgeber gesagt hat. Ist die Quelle evtl. Dakka oder vergleichbares? So das man sich das Original anschauen kann?

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Bitte eine Quelle angeben
    Geändert von Warmaster (16. January 2019 um 11:37 Uhr)
    Spieler in Goslar und Umgebung gesucht? Schaut doch mal bei www.harzgamer.de vorbei

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Zitat Zitat von Fauk Beitrag anzeigen
    Ist ein wenig schwer zu lesen da ich nicht weiss was jetzt ein Fragesteller gepostet hat und was der Antwortgeber gesagt hat. Ist die Quelle evtl. Dakka oder vergleichbares? So das man sich das Original anschauen kann?
    Ein nicht-linearer Gesprächsverlauf ist halt schwer zu posten, daher habe ich mich entschieden es immer abwechselnd zu machen.
    Post #1 ist scheinbar jemand der Ahnung hat. Danach ist jeder zweiter Post er, die anderen Posts mit an Sicherheit grenzender Wahrscheinlichkeit unterschiedliche Leute.

Zitat Zitat von Warmaster Beitrag anzeigen
    Bitte eine Quellen angeben
    Ein taiwanesisches Teppichknüpferforum. :P
    /tg/. All anon. Es gibt also keine Quellen.
    "Sigmar, my liege, you can't solve all of your problems by opening new chambers..."
    "THE HELL I CAN'T?!"

Sigmars Bibliothekar Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Die seltsamste Aussage aus den Zitaten bei lastlostboy ist ja immer noch das hier:
    I can give you a couple weird fact thou: Dispossessed and Devoted of Sigmar where supposed to be cut from the store long time ago (no squatting, just not bothering to make more of them untill a repack/redesign) but GW simply can't do that since they keep selling pretty well and so there is no reason to spend more money into upgrading the box for now.
    Wenn sich eine Fraktion gut verkauft und noch keinen Battletome wäre es doch gerade besonders sinnvoll einen Battletome zu machen und zusätzliche Einheiten rauszubringen. Schließlich ist die Investition dann gut investiertes Geld.

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Da der Thread jetzt schon bereits über dem bump limit ist, ist er in spätestens zwei Stunden tot.
    Natürlich kann ich brav den Link posten, es bringt nur nichts.
    http://boards.4channel.org/tg/thread/64076483

/cont
    Lots of talk on what sells well.

What sells badly? I imagine its Stormcast. They've gotten so many updates that the return they're getting is not worth it at all.
    Stormcast sells pretty well, expecially since they are not meant to rake money in but to rake PLAYERS in. Also, we do suspect that they are, along with Ironjaw, the most bought models for conversions.
    If you are looking for those that sells a lot less than expected those are Idoneth and Fireslayer.
    >If you are looking for those that sells a lot less than expected those are Idoneth and Fireslayer.
    as expected for us though
    still surprised kharadron sells
    My turn to ask a question then. Why are you surprised?
    Expensive.
    Hard to paint.
    Bad rules.
    Crap aesthetic.
    I see. I am sure you do realize that aesthetic is subjective and I am fairly surprised that you think they are hard to paint, but I can adress the rules problem: we are under the impression that, for now, in AoS rules don't hinder the sale of a faction too mutch and KO are not the only example of that.
    There is, by conscent choice, one AoS faction with no battletome that is by far stronger that is should be, yet people do not buy it more than expected.
    We do think that most people get into AoS for the models and the play stile more than for the strenght of the faction but we are still not sure if it's becouse it's still a new game or thanks to things like the General Handbook fixing bad or broken factions.
    Understanding this with numbers and a fair share of finesse is my priority one task at the moment so I will love to hear the opinion of players.
    Geändert von lastlostboy (16. January 2019 um 11:55 Uhr)
    "THE HELL I CAN'T?!"

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Ist doch okay wenns jmd auf 4chan ist. Sprache und Stil (ist jetzt mal nicht als Bewertung der Quelle gemeint) machen dann halt Sinn. Interessante Sachen. Danke. Natürlich mit ordentlich Salz lesen.
    Spieler in Goslar und Umgebung gesucht? Schaut doch mal bei www.harzgamer.de vorbei

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Das ist der Grund warum ich es hier poste.
    Wenn man genug Zeit in diesem hellhole verbringt, bekommt man ein Gespür dafür, wann etwas shitposting ist und wann nicht.
    Niemand macht sich so umfängliche Arbeit in einem so kurzlebigen Rahmen um ein paar überkritische Leute im Internet zu täuschen.

Ich kann nicht sagen, ob es wahr ist, was er sagt, aber ich kann mit Sicherheit sagen, dass er glaubt, dass es wahr ist, was er sagt.

/cont
    >rules don't affect factions sales
    >but rules affect scenery sales
    genuinely interesting
    I am glad you think that, and I can elaborate on it if you like.
    Is my impression that having rules that do something that you like is what count, while having strong rules is icing on the cake.
    The point of all this is frustration and fun.

Let's say you play Orks, you will probably be familliar with the ork aesthetic and you will probably love to fight on a table full of orks banners, with grots screaming all around, and nothing stops you from building your own as it is fairly simple to do so.
    Yet, if you do, you will feel frustration, since those building do not do anything. Your orks are not going in a bloodfrenzy when they are near them, nor they scatter when they fall. This creates a dissonance between what you want to see on the table and what's happening, making them feel useless and stupid.

If we give those building a purpose instead, then it becomes something that gets you even more into the game, making you see what you pictured in your mind when you had choosen this army.

This is the point of having rules. To mirror your desire, so that you WANT to buy them.

Bad rules are a different beast. Units do have rules, or they would not be playable, but those rules can be poorly balanced. As I had said, I am not sure why this is less important but my opinion is that there is hope in the future. Since you don't really have a problem with the RULES, you have a problem with the POINTS that that rule cost and that could be fixed.

I hope I am explained my self, as I am sure you all realized, I am not a native speaker.
    can you give us an example of a concept that gw tried and made to little sales so you guys adviced them to don't push it any further?
    There are severals but we usually don't say to bin a project, since a lot of money have already be spent and you need to get those back. We just try to make it better.

One example is their way of making "boardgames". GW started with the idea of making several cards and board game related to their IPs so that they can bleed boardgame customers into their products since she was starting to see a fair diminishing return in their sales. That happens when you have taped from most of your possible customer base (in this case, people who like miniatures and miniatures games) so you need to diversify or make other people "discover" that they like your products.
    Their first attempts where pretty poorly recived, the worst example is the the Khorne arena game with 4 Khornate champions. That thing bombed hard and costed a fair share of money to make since they have to pay people who knew how to design a board game, make the prints and all that and, not only they got no money income from it, but we think they got no new customer either since, to them, it was a board game with a couple of models, like many others, and better, products they already own.

So we tried to make them more linked to what GW has: the universe and the armies.
    New GW boxed games are all about a narrative that is good on it's own but great if you learn more about the setting and the models you get in there are very good both in getting you interested in starting an army that can include them (Rogue Trader is the perfect example, you are not getting a small part of something, you are getting something unique that goes well with something else) and in giving you something unique and detailed to start a painting hobby.
    If you've been doing it long enough, how did AoS sell pre first General's Handbook?
    I have those sales data, it was miserable. way lower that the already negative figures they expected.
    They expected low sales and it was even lower? Worse than WHFB?
    AoS bombed, it was basically a dead release, mostly thanks to the no points rule along with the hate from having killed Fantasy.
    GW expected to sell 20% less than Fantasy for a bit, then come up, instead it got around 80% less intake than Fantasy, so they had to change direction with the game quickly.
    Now it's up to 27% of GW's profit? I think you said last thread?
    It's 27% of GW's miniature profit. Things like books, paints and all the other stuff are not in there.
    I’m pretty sure that’s still a notably lower figure than in 6th ed fantasy?
    That I cannot say, but it's a massive figure to day for two reasons: 40k numbers are insane right now and AoS is barely two years old, with a lot of hate that still lingers to date.

Can you think of any game so young that can even compare to 40k sales? I know it's the same company but still, just like the start was way worse than what they expected, today is way beyond their most ambitous expectations.
    Geändert von lastlostboy (16. January 2019 um 14:38 Uhr)
    "THE HELL I CAN'T?!"

Tabletop-Fanatiker

Standard

Cool, kommt da noch was nach?
    Hero Man
    he fights the Bad Guys and Wins
    he is very good in saving People

Seite 162 von 185 ErsteErste ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LetzteLetzte

Aktive Benutzer

Aktive Benutzer