Armada ARMADA: Micorhangars (wohl auch für X-Wing verfügbar).

Themen zum Star Wars Armada Tabletop

Knights of the Raven

Hintergrundstalker
3 August 2011
Armada MicroHangars

Tuckbox generator by Craig P Forbes.

If you're familiar with the X-Wing MicroHangars, this is pretty much the same, store more in less space by using cardboard tuckboxes, measured to give each ship a tight and protective fit.

1. Print desired hangars on heavy cardstock (about 200 g/m2) at 100%. There's only an A4 version for now. I think that printing on letter size won't be a problem (at 100%!), there should be enough borders on the top and bottom of each page. Let me know if it works, if not, I can upload a letter size version.
2. Cut along the outer lines (you don't need to cut into the boxes where the lines are solid, works fine without those little grooves, same for the half circle on the back, not needed, only optional).
3. Fold all inner lines (works better if you score or engrave them first using a ruler, so much easier then)
4. Glue side and bottom
5. If necessary, trim the outer edges of the upper flap, in case the box doesn't close (be careful not to remove too much paper)

Here are some pictures and additional info:

Hangars for the three core game ships. I wanted the hangars to have some features in common with the X-Wing hangars and at the same time to be a little different. I used slightly alienated and desaturated artworks (with the "Armada blur", which can be found all over the rule book) instead of the specs graphics (which wouldn't be available for all Armada ships, by the way), the boxes open horizontally which I think is both cool and convenient when storing especially the larger ships.

Each ship is basically meant to be put into the hangars in normal position, sometimes at a slight angle. You can see that in the second picture. I did my best to design the VSD hangar in a way that the tiny antenna won't suffer any strain, hence the angled position of the VSD inside the hangar. Works perfect.

Each squadron get's its own box but is meant to be put inside on its base. The file contains a slightly different version to hold Luke's and Howlrunner's squadron as well. There's only one height, even though the squads have sligthly different heigths, but considering this would have complicated the whole thing too much (I don't want to search for the one and only box for each squad when cleaning up the table).

Ferox21

Tabletop-Fanatiker
18 März 2010
Hmm, ich hab das auch schon im Mos Eisley Forum gesehen, aber ehrlich gesagt braucht man das bei Armada nur für die großen Schiffe. Die Jäger finde ich jetzt nicht so fliligran, als das ich die jeweil in eine einzelne Schachtel packen würde. Die kann man auch so lose in eine Armada-Box geben. Für die großen Pötte ist es aber eine Überlegung wert, da das Zeug so wesentlich weniger platz wegnimmt als die ursprüngliche Plastikfolie.

Edit:
Kommt ja anscheinend auch von einem deutschen User und ist zum Selber Ausdrucken. Das ist dann doch gar nicht mal schlecht. Evtl. mache ich gleich mal einen Probedruck...

Zuletzt bearbeitet:

Ferox21

Tabletop-Fanatiker
18 März 2010
Also ich habe mir doch extra dickes Papier besorgt die einmal ausgedruckt und bin ganz zufrieden. Die Schiffe wackeln eigentlich so gut wie gar nicht und ich denke nicht, dass das die Bemalung jemals stören wird. Auch sind die zerbrechlichen Teile bei den 3 Modellen gut geschützt - allerdings sollte natürlich nichts schweres auf die Schachteln fallen...